Monday, February 28, 2011

MVP Candidate?


So, I've been on the road, and since preseason games don't get much by way of TV play or even good reviews, it's going to be hard to comment on some of the games that have occurred this weekend. With that being said, let me give you a quick recap.

Saturday the mighty Phils played their first real exhibition game (oxymoron) and won 5-4. Cole Hamels faced the mighty Yankees, struck out 2, allowed 1 hit, and most importantly hit Mark Teixeira. Dane Sardinha had 2 RBI's and brought in the game winner. I'm going to go out on a limb and predict Sardinha as the 2011 MLB MVP. I say that because I'm a comedian, so it will be forgotten as a lame joke. If it comes true though, I will become the smartest man in baseball since Coach Morris Buttermaker.

Sunday saw the Phillies losing to the Yanks, 7-3. I'd rather not talk about this one, but I will point out that Sardinha didn't play.

Monday, the Phillies beat the Blue Jays 6-3. During 2 innings of this baseball game the world was right: birds sang, babies cried, and Roy Halladay pitched a shut-out. Hearing about Sardinha's 1st game and the MVP buzz surrounding it, Carlos Ruiz answered with his own 2 RBI game. Though he had no hits in this game, Sardinha did play, bringing the Phillies to 2-0 in games he's played in. I'm not trying to force anything, I'm just giving facts.

Dave

No comments:

Post a Comment