Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Closer to Danny Glover


Domonic Brown is in a heated competition with Ben Francisco and John Mayberry Jr. I'd say he is holding his ground, but the whole 0-12 at the plate thing makes me hesitate. As I've mentioned in previous blogs, I'm not a baseball expert, but if I'm pretty sure that if I can put on the same batting performance as Brown, it's not good. Actually, I have a smaller strike zone, so there's a better chance that I would at least be getting on base.

I'd really like to see Brown win this job, so I'd like to share some of the limited baseball wisdom I have. First, stop taking batting tips from Ryan Howard. When the game is on the line, watching the strikeout pitch go by you isn't a good idea. Yeah, it will have people talking, but you won't like what you hear.

Maybe we can get the team on board to be more encouraging. When Brown is up to bat and he takes a ball, is anyone from the dugout yelling, "Good eye!"? I know I always found that encouraging in Little League. Cliches could be really helpful to bust his slump. Is Charlie taking him aside to explain that a tie goes to the runner only applies if he is a runner? Does he know, that when the guys in the field are yelling, "Hey batter, batter, Swing Batter!," they're just trying to distract him?

My final thought is, does he have an estranged family member that he would like to be closer to? If so, praying that the Phillies win the pennant so that his family can be together, just may work. It did for that kid in "Angels in the Outfield." It's worth a shot to get the job, or at least get closer to Danny Glover. Sorry, that's the movie. Too bad. It would be cool to get closer to Danny Glover.

Dave


No comments:

Post a Comment